Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Benefit From Newspaper Reading To Blog Writing

This was the subject of my orientation today [24 Feb 2010] during a 4 hour training session as part of the Student Induction Programme conducted by the Hyderabad Chapter of Company Secretaries for the students just joined the professional course. As an avid reader and blog savvy, it was challenge to me to make my audience understand the importance of traditional habit of Newspaper reading and telling how Blogs benefit them. The 50+ aspirants effectively participated in Newspaper reading Game. Photo included in this Blog shows how seriously the participants carefully listening and jotting down unfamiliar words to refer dictionary. What attracted the audience is the top for reading a Newspaper by net savvy people:
1. Newspaper never crashes or flashed animated ads.
2. It follows me without laptop or a wireless connection or a PDA.
3. One can read while standing, while eating, while riding a bus.
4. An item or portion of Newspaper can be cut out and preserved.
5. No need to sign in or customize or register 
6. Newspaper has high-resolution picutres and type on large pages that load almost instantly, making it easy to browse and enjoy.
7. It is cheap, disposable and easy to replace. If it's lost or stolen, it's no big deal.
8. Newspaper is not made of unrecyclable toxic materials.
9. If Newspaper makes a mistake, the corrigendum is posted with an explanation. 
10. One can read newspaper sitting outside on a nice day in the sun, even if a breeze is blowing, It also protects from sun and rain.


Here are the thoughts and impressions by few participants in their written feedback: 
  • This session ignited my mind to read Newspaper daily.It also enhanced my knowledge about Blog creation. -Mr.Venkatesh Challa, Hyderabad 
  • In this session, I could meet new people. I have read The Hindu Newspaper item " Tiger Attacks in Sunderbans". Though participated  in gruop, I prefer to do something individually also. -Ms.Divya Bordia, Secunderabad 
  • Changing places during this session helped me to interact with co-participants - Mr Venkata Rama Rao, Amalapuram 
  • Career tips were good. But time allotted to this session was less. - Ms. Kalyani, Hyderabad 
  • First Listen and then Speak was the best advise given by the Faculty by keeping the audience deciplined. - Ms. Praveena, Hyderabd.
  • Whenever Globe image appeared on screen, I was learning something more as to how to become tech-savvy. - Sampath Kumar Devatha, Hyderabad 
  • I liked this session as we were asked to change seats frequently that helped to get introduced to our own collegues with whom we have not talked earlier. Another session on Writing Skills will also be helpful to us. -Srikamalam K, Secunderabad 
  • Handling Newspaper 'Gently' was an eye opener for me. - Aditya Guha Roy, Hyderabad 
  • My memorable experience was to listining to the faculty who was instilling values to become successful Company Secretary. - Neetih Paticia 
  • Good encouragement given by the faculty and his voice resembles Sri (late) Thirumalasetty Sriramulu - Famus Telugu Regional News Reader - Mr. paladugu Venkata Subba Rao, Hyderabad 
  • Faculty was  systematic presentation, powerful in teaching with wealth of knowledge inculcated in the students the need of  discipline and dedication. - Chaitanya T, Hyderabad

4 comments:

  1. hello sir,
    i m divya bardia
    (div.bardia.gmail.com)
    your session did impart great knowledge upon all of us...none of wich would be available to us in any book or site..
    thank you sir..
    i hope to meet you soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Respected Sir,

    Thank you for the opportunity that you provided me during your visit to the hyderabad chapter of ICSI.

    I took the opportunity of conveying the thoughts expressed by to my family members.

    I feel truly humbled when you stated that it was "A good presentation" that I made with reference to introductory speech and vote of thanks.

    Sir I take the liberty of informing you that I have included your name in my telephone list and wish to send you messages in the mornings. Please note that I have been doing this for last 800 days.

    With humble regards and respects

    Chaitanya.T
    e-mail:- chaitanya.tc@gmail.com
    Mobile: 9848064844, 9032428808(for SMS)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This Session was the lifetime experience for me. Suryanarayana Sir gave valueable input on newespaper reading and blogging. I got to know how personal blogging will be so power tool for an individual.It is like open book for an individiual which will help in building one's brand. Thank you very much Sir.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am one of the participent in the programme and i more excite to see this blog. i realy feels tips given by the trainer is most valuable and not measurable.

    Honestly, i will say reading of the news papers and bloggs is most effective tool to improve the communication skills.

    P Lokeswara Reddy

    ReplyDelete

Enter Your Feedback or Impressions on this Blog