Sunday, February 14, 2010

Enrich With Young Minds

I have been a Trainer for the Rotaract District 3150 -youth wing of Rotary Clubs of Rotary International, comprising 42 Rotaract Clubs in Andhra Pradesh, India. I am designated as the Rotaract District Trainer 2009-2010.
Rotaract District Conference is an annual event conducted on 13 and 14th February, 2010 in Hyderabad with a participation of over 200 youngsters from different parts of the State. My role was to guide, train and assist the organizing team headed by Rtn Thansen District Rotaract Representative [incharge of 42 Clubs] and 20 active Members of the host organizers Rotaract Club of Hyderabad East. Here are highlights I cherish in associating myself with this event:
  1. I could meet &  invite my admirer and whom I know since several years, Shri M. Gopalakrishna (Retired from Indian Administrative Services) as the Chief Guest of this conference. It was yet another occassion to listen to his dexterity in English & Telugu language vocabulary bundled in spell bound talk telling the youth ranging from values to vision.
  2. Swamy Anupamananda, Director of Vivekananda Institute of Languages, is known for his eloquent messages to youth. I invited him on earlier two occassions for similar Youth events and experienced his lectures as well as the finest feedback given by the participants. At my instance, Swamyji readily accepted to be the Guest of Honour for validictory session of this conference despite his pre-scheduled Sunday talks in Ramakrishna Mission. It proved "when there is a wll there is a way", Swamiji [even though last minute invitation was accorded], was kind and addressed the delegates on "You Are The Future".
  3. Mr. Venu Bhawan -my contemperor in training - a life coach with flair for creativity was an adde flavour with his illustrious talk on "Ignite The Fire Within". His examples in telugu with a nerration in English attracted the young minds who applauded several rounds during his 45 minutes talk.
  4. Rotaract Awards for Vocational Excellence and Vocational Service were presented during this conference to Mr. Venu [Trainer] and Mrs. Lynne Voggu [who cares for AIDS orphans]. The receipiants had expressed their appreciation for this honour and their respective citations prepared by me.
  5. I have presented a session on "Apply Six Thinking Hats" for about an hour telling the youngsters the purpose, benefits and the ways to fine tune thinking of the team mates. I have distributed one page writeup to the participants. Use this link to download: http://www.suryanarayana.com/resources/training/Apply Six Thinking Hats - Leaflet.pdf
  6. What delighted me was, some of the participants requested me to repeat this session or takeup any topic of interst to Youth in their Clubs while the DRR of Rotaract District 3060 invited me to thier conference in Dhone 200 km from Hyderabad. Good topic generates good networking.
  7. One of the participants Rtr.Vijay Kanth [ magicvijaykarnth@gmail.com ] introduced himself with his magic card. First of its I kind I came accross such a novel idea to use business card to reflect his passion.
  8. Rotaract Leaders who took my cues were: Rtr.Phani Pawan, Rtr. Hari Kishan, Rtr. Varenya, Rtr. Rupesh, Rtr.Veda & Rtr. Krutika in District Council Rtr Ravi, Rtr Sruthi, Rtr Akbar Ali, Rtr. Kedari, Rtr. Srimanth & Rtr.Amrutha of host club. They have demonstrated their excellence in handling several aspects of this conference. Kudos to you all.
  9. Rtr.Thansen -a wonder Rotaract Leader - in a befitting manner honoured me and acknowledged my services to Rotaract activities & this conference [ photo added in this blog ]
Working With Youth, though not a tough job, I am enriched with these young minds.

1 comment:

  1. As the DRR of 3150, I am proud to complete the District conference timely, professionally and more over confidently. No doubt, this happened with the guidence of Rtn.Suryanarayna, yes your guidance enriched our youth spirits. Thanks a lot....!

    ReplyDelete

Enter Your Feedback or Impressions on this Blog